Let’s cut to the chase and be honest, shall we? I am just as obsessed with Chocolate Chip Cookies as the rest of the world. There is absolutely nothing like the delicious aroma of freshly baked, homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies wafting through your home and delighting the senses.
Chocolate Chip Cookies were one of the very first baking recipes that I attempted when was growing up and, like many before me, I totally tanked at it the first time. It turns out that creating the perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie is a lot more daunting than I had first thought it would be!
To start with, it is incredibly difficult to define what the perfect cookie really is. Is it chunky and chewy? Or is it crispy and flat? Does it have a beautifully rich cocoa flavour, or does the hint of chocolate tease our tastebuds? Right off the bat, you realise that there are going to be many, many forms that a Chocolate Chip Cookie will come in.
A Chocolate Chip Cookie consists of some relatively basic, core ingredients: butter, sugar, egg, flour, baking, baking powder, salt and chocolate. These few ingredients can be put together in so many different ways; however, the truly beautiful part is that that they can be put together in whatever way works best for YOU.
Today I will be sharing a basic Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe with you that works best for me. Although it did take me a few tries for it to come together, I can now say that this recipe combines all the ingredients to make the perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie for me.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 1/4 cups standard flour
- 1 1/4 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsps vanilla essence
- chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180oC and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add in chocolate chips to your liking.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together the softened butter and sugar. Once thoroughly mixed, add in the eggs one at a time, whisking until combined, and top off with the vanilla essence.
- Using a wooden spoon, combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Set aside for five minutes.
- Roll the cookie dough into teaspoon-sized balls, and line the baking tray with them. Ensure that 2-3cm space is kept between the cookie dough balls.
- Place the baking tray into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Move to the cooling rack for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
As you can see, my recipe isn’t exactly complicated. It’s simple, easy to put together and exactly how I like my cookies! I encourage you to give it a go and let me know how it goes! As I said, this recipe is perfectly suited to how I enjoy my cookies – you or your friends might have a different way of putting the ingredients together, so I would love to hear from you and give your recipe a go too!
So please follow my blog to keep up with the latest happenings in my kitchen, bookshelf and life in general! I’d also love to have you following my other social media accounts, so check out the links at the bottom of the page!
Is it just me, or did this recipe make me incredibly hungry? I am off to eat some cookies.
Until next time,